Search This Blog

which class I belong

 

I come from middle class family where hugging our own parents is a big deal for us. We are proud of our parents and our parents proud of our high marks. I had a friend in college who colored her hair sea green and I swear her hair looked amazing .so I thought it would look good on me as well. So one day I asked my mother.  Mother, can I get my hair clo uded in green and red? she immediately asked what! what what do you want to get?  Oho MAA! My hair. These days’ girls get their hair colored in green, red, and all sorts of colors. so I can also get it done?  In red or may be green? Then came my mother’s classic answer. Do all this in your own home and rest I don’t know. Ask your father. This is too much now! First of all, tell me, which home are you talking about isn’t this my house?  So this was how I got a little irritated by my mother of that anecdote I smile. I come from a middle class family where getting your hair colored means getting your license of entering your own home cancelled.

I come from a middle class family where old T-shirts are turned cleaning rags and where if a container of Bernita gets emptied, it is re-filled with limits. A family where people wait for ragman not to give dozens of tea cups from him in return for the junk. we don’t have tea and snacks, we have chai(tea) And we have Mama and papa, we don’t have Mom and Dad.

 My father taught me something invaluable at every important movement of my life,

                                                                                                                                                                                           He says “beta! You should become selfdependent. Not papa Ki PARI’’.

                                       

     When I get admission in college. He says I think a college going student should have a worst watch as well I said I got you papa. I will buy listening to this my father started smiling. and after while going to abroad my father took me to a watch store. He said to the store person, show us a first class worst watch for my daughter here. and I was extremely happy. I can’t tell you how happy I was. The store person showed us around 6-7 watch and out of those I like 2-4. Now you might find this a little old fashioned, we finally choose things which are not only liked by us. But also by our parents. It’s not much but we do get a little satisfaction and solace in doing these little things. So at that time I kept my hand on the worst watch which was my father’s favorite and said “I took like this one ‘’                                                                                           

     I am proud of my parents.                                                                                   

Post a Comment

0 Comments